System Config Tools Cleanup Project - tools to eliminate/replace

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Wed Mar 25 20:06:04 UTC 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Christoph Wickert
<christoph.wickert at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, den 25.03.2009, 01:56 -0500 schrieb Arthur Pemberton:
>

>> > It's useful for laptops which travel a lot (not even all laptops, cause many
>> > of them are used as desktop-replacements).
>>
>> It's useful for desktops as well.
>
> If your desktop is connected to the internet via ethernet, what is the
> use of NetworkManager? Or if the desktop is not connected to the
> internet at all, what's it's use?

The same reason I first tried NetworkManager and got thoroughly
burned... the base network script don't handle losing and resuming
connections. Listen, I've been burned by NM in its early days, and I
recognize that it isn't ready yet. I just don't support those who say
that NM should be retired.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )