Re: another interesting idea (zfs based upgrades)

Adam Miller wrote:
Well now that btrfs has been mentioned ..... :)

Are we planning to adopt it as default soon as upstream releases
stable? or possibly just shoot for alternative if default would be too
ambitious?

-Adam

Unless there are *SIGNIFICANT* performance increases and/or data security benefits (by 'significant', I mean *at least* 3 to 4 *times* better than previous default FS), I fail to
see the validity of making everyone to switch to a new filesystem.

So, re: btrfs being set as default... -1000
I'd prefer to stick with the Ext2/3 line until a proper DB filesystem is released.

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard