Re: another interesting idea (zfs based upgrades)

Hi.

On Fri, 27 Mar 2009 09:56:07 -0400, Lyos Gemini Norezel wrote

> Unless there are *SIGNIFICANT* performance increases and/or data
> security benefits
> (by 'significant', I mean *at least* 3 to 4 *times* better than
> previous default FS), I fail to
> see the validity of making everyone to switch to a new filesystem.

Well.. btrfs has some nice tricks up it's sleeve (many of them
similar to ZFS). And, having worked with ZFS for some time now, the
way ZFS 'thinks' about filesystems is a huge step ahead from RAID/LVM/
classical unix filesystems.

For me it's one of those "why haven't we always done stuff this way?"
situations.