Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace
From: Gianluca Sforna <giallu gmail com>
To: Development discussions related to Fedora <fedora-devel-list redhat com>
Date: 03/27/2009 03:58 PM

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 9:55 PM, Gerry Reno <greno verizon net> wrote:
 Upstream made a bad decision.

Well, then maybe you should try to convince upstream to put back the
old default?

note: I'll also miss the combo...

The correct way of handling this would have been to keep the current default of enabled and Fedora should create an xorg.conf with this turned on. Anyone who is upgrading won't be affected, just new installs.

I'm positive when F11 is released we will see thread after thread after thread after thread of people whining about not being able to CTRL+ALT+BKSP.

No. No one reads release notes. You can make them as pretty as you like, but no one will read them.

I'd suggest filing a bug in Red Hat and X.org about it. If they get closed then whine on the mailing list some more. This decision really was not handled well.

P.S. I don't use emacs.