Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

To anyone wanting to kill X when it hangs, why not login through a VC and "pkill X" .. Just like any process, why do we have to have magic keys!

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:28 PM, Adam Miller <maxamillion gmail com> wrote:
>This change to default behavior of Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is an example of a tiny minority of Emacs users lobbying xorg for a change that will affect a huge number of community and commercial >users including datacenters and their sys admins. This change needs to be reversed immediately. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace is embedded now into many tools including all the virtualization tools. It is >part of the DNA of every sys admin. To change this behavior is just insanity.
>
>Regards,
>Gerry

Please stop throwing around the "sys admins will freak out" card, I'm
a sys admin and we do things correctly through provisioning using
kickstarts. It will be maybe a 3 line edit to a script. It was an
upstream choice, Fedora has historically remained compliant with
upstream so I imagine if you would like a change to be made on this
topic it would be most effective to discuss it with upstream.

-Adam

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com