Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Arthur Pemberton wrote:
No one has yet said what is supposed to happen when X on a desktop
inevitably starts with the incorrect resolution. At the very least I
could restart X easily. Now I need to log in then restart X? And what
about regular users? Do I have to now instruct them to login as root
and kill X?

I'm trying to understand how the problem of bad config relates to this xorg disabling Ctrl-Alt-Backspace discussion? I mean I could remotely login into the users terminal and fix their xorg.conf and then just tell them to hit Ctrl-Alt-Backspace and that should fix them up and if not I'll kill their X server. Or is there some other situation you're referring to?

Regards,
Gerry