F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Callum Lerwick seg at haxxed.com
Sat Mar 28 16:29:17 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-03-28 at 08:15 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Please stop with the conspiracy theory. This has nothing to do with
> emacs. It has everything to do with people accidentally killing their
> X session. I have no idea where you've gotten the idea that this was
> done for emacs users. Read Daniel's reply to you again.

Is "accidentally hitting it" really the only reason? If so, the simplest
thing to do would be to CHANGE THE KEYBINDING not remove functionality.
Change it to oh, I don't know, ctl-alt-del? quadruple-bucky-cokebottle?
You've got ~101 keys to work with, I'm sure we can find something
acceptable.

... Or is there another reason?