Re: F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

On 03/27/2009 09:28 PM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 20:15:39 -0800,
   Jeff Spaleta<jspaleta gmail com>  wrote:
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 7:58 PM, Pete Zaitcev<zaitcev redhat com>  wrote:
Oh please. When was the last time X wedged so the keyboard survived?
Your imaginary sysadmins have to powercycle anyway.
Better yet, when is it not better to use SysRq keycombos and try to
diagnose things?
If you can get back keyboard control via SysRq, isn't it more
beneficial to make use of SysRq instead of zapping?

Not if you are just trying to get your system to boot up. Currently I have
to restart X a couple of times on average before I get a login screen.
Eventually I shouldn't have to do that, but for now I have to live with

I imagine that trying to diagnose the problem a little and filing a bug will lead to you having to live with that behavior for much less time than just leaving it to chance that eventually someone will randomly fix your precise issue.