Qt 4.5 coming to Fedora 9 and 10, license changing to LGPL

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Mar 29 09:21:23 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 01:00:06AM +0100, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > And thanks to some excellent work[1] by Thomas Sailer and Kevin Kofler
> > we also have mingw32-qt 4.5.0 in Fedora 10 & 11, which makes Qt (along
> > with Gtk) a good choice if you want to cross-compile your software to
> > run on Windows.
>
> By the way, any reason the MinGW stack is not branched for F9? It's already
> branched for EL5 which has much older native libraries, so making it work
> on F9 should just be a matter of branching and building it. It's still
> possible to open new F9 branches until around the F11 release.

It's just that it was a lot of extra work for something I don't
personally use.  F-9 will also be EOL'd in not so many months.

Note that if you want to add the branches for F-9 you'll have to go
through the whole bootstrapping business with someone in rel-eng,
which is complicated and time-consuming.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/