F11: xorg decision to disable Ctrl-Alt-Backspace

Matthew Garrett mjg at redhat.com
Sun Mar 29 21:49:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, Mar 29, 2009 at 01:59:31PM -0500, Callum Lerwick wrote:

> ctl-alt-shift-backspace
> ctl-alt-shift-backspace-tab
> ctl-alt-shift-enter-spacebar
> ctl-alt-shift-capslock-enter-backspace
> ctl-alt-lshift-rshift-backspace
> ctl-alt-lshift-rshift-backspace-tab
> ctl-alt-lshift-rshift-enter-spacebar
> ctl-alt-lshift-rshift-capslock-enter-backspace
> ctl-alt-lshift-rshift-capslock-backspace-enter-tab-spacebar

I'm a little leary about things involving tab and space, given their use
in other contexts - but, to be fair, requiring both shift keys would
probably be adequate. My other thought is something involving the break
key, since that's basically unused right now. The only real trouble
there is the extent to which laptops will let you use modifiers with
something generated using the Fn key.

Matthew Garrett | mjg59 at srcf.ucam.org