rpm will not package debugging files on f-9

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Mon Mar 30 17:50:25 UTC 2009

Jochen Schmitt wrote, at 03/31/2009 02:32 AM +9:00:
> Hallo,
>
> because there is a plan to upgrade qt on F-9 to the release qt-4.5, I
> have try
> to build stellarium-0.10.2-2 on F-9. Unfortunately I have got the following
> error messages:

Well, the messages you posted contain no error, however

> The whole build log you may find at:
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/getfile?taskID=1266084&name=build.log
>
> Because this doesn't happens on F-10 and devel, I want if anyone has a hint
> to solve this issue.

First of all, it is appreciated it if you post the task URL instead of the URL
of build.log:

Then:
I guess the cause of the failure shown here is that you are trying to
use "noarch subpackage" support on rpm >= 4.6 but F-9 rpm is still 4.4.X
(i.e. "BuildArch: noarch" makes the rebuilt all binary rpms noarch and
 debuginfo rpm is not created on F-9)

> Best Regards:
>
> Jochen Schmitt

Regards,