Re: FESCo Meeting Summary for 20090424

Paul W. Frields wrote:
On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 07:27:26PM -0400, TK009 wrote:
William Jon McCann wrote:
In this particular case, there is nothing wrong with telling some
people either:
a) you may have to wait *years* in order to get the optimal experience.
b) The current release of this product is a fail! Go to this wiki page and follow the instructions to make it work.
We simply cannot avoid this if we continue to use a
time-based release process.  There will always be cases where we don't
finish everything we'd like to.
But it ok to ship a crappy or not ready product as long as I created it.
That is, it cannot
if we ever want to recover marketshare and mindshare from other
distributions (not to mention other/better OS's),
"we" are not competing with other distributions. That is just you lennart and crew.

Here is a clue, making a better product will "recover" your precious market and mind share. Telling people only you know what is best does not.

We're finally reaching a point where dialogue between parties is
becoming more constructive and less vitriolic.  Please don't reduce
the usefulness of the conversation.

I respectfully disagree sir.