2009-05-07 - Fedora Test Day - Virtualization

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Mon May 4 16:14:38 UTC 2009

Greetings folks,

For those subscribed to fedora-virt-list, you may already have seen Mark
McLoughlin's announcement [1] of this weeks Virtualization test day.
Fedora 11 hosts a number of virtualization improvements, including:

      * Features/KVM PCI Device Assignment
      * Features/KVM and QEMU merge
      * Features/SVirt Mandatory Access Control
      * Features/VirtImprovedConsole
      * Features/VirtVNCAuth

We plan to review+test the F11 features, as well as use this an
opportunity to lay the ground work for future virtualization testing.
Testing has been divided into several test areas which incorporate
features as well as existing functionality (see
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-05-07_Virtualization#How_to_test.3F).  During the next few days we plan to create additional test cases for the current test areas.

I invite you to join #fedora-qa this Thursday, May 7 2009 to review the
Fedora 11 Virtualization features [2] and help iron out integration
issues.  I'm expecting a good turn out this week from the virt
developers, which means we could use strong representation from testers.
While a live image will be available, testing against an installed
F11/rawhide system is recommended.

Stay tuned for more details at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Day:2009-05-07_Virtualization.

Thanks,