Abandon "Default Desktop"

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue May 5 21:48:12 UTC 2009

On 05/06/2009 01:54 AM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> It sounds like you need to break down the choice based on the type of
> people making it.

You need to work with the websites team in fedora-websites list. They
already have discussed some improvements.

> Instead of torrenting DVD ISOs we should be torrenting the packages
> themselves. The website could build your customized OS and send you a
> torrent link that would build you a install DVD just for you.

Torrent in not a efficient method for smaller sizes files which is the
case for most of the packages.  Also, look at

https://fedorahosted.org/wevisor/

Seems to be a inactive project for a while now.

Rahul