Re: removing KDE removes NetworkManager-gnome??

On Thursday, May 07 2009, Nathanael D. Noblet said:
>   I ran the following command this morning:
> sudo yum --disableplugin=remove-with-leaves groupremove "KDE (K Desktop
> Environment)"
>
> I added the remove-with-leaves because when I ran it with that it was
> removing all sorts of stand alone programs like mysql-server and other
> stuff completely unrelated to kde... In any case, the command above
> produced the following list of packages to remove...
[snip]
> Why are gedit, NetworkManager-gnome, gstreamer-ffmpeg and
> gstreamer-plugins-ugly being removed? Is this a bug?

NetworkManager-gnome is listed in the KDE comps group (as the KDE
plasmoid isn't ready yet afaik) and thus gets removed when you ask to
remove the group.  I expect gedit and the gstreamer packages are due to
something similar in the group or one of their deps being explicitly
listed in the group

Jeremy