Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Mon, 2009-05-11 at 18:19 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Secret/silent buildroot overrides bear a risk. It's a potential race
> condition for everyone who is not aware of such overrides.
>
> For example, one can't expect a new package contributor, who may be
> working on his first Fedora package, to know about buildroot overrides in
> koji that may be active while building and preparing an update for bodhi.
>
> Security/emergency-fixes are also affected by buildroot overrides.

I'd really like to know what people's thoughts are on making the
overrides more known.  One problem we have with them as well is that
maintainers don't let us know when the build is done, so that we can
remove the override to prevent poisoning further builds.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- FreedomĀ² is a feature!