Re: 182 pending F11 stable updates. WTF?

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 10:32 PM, Jesse Keating <jkeating redhat com> wrote:
> On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 04:30 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
>> Short summary:
>> * Open F11 updates/testing NOW
>
> We've been trying to push F11 updates for a couple days now.
>
>> * Decouple cuttings DVDs from F11 development
>
> I honestly don't understand what you're proposing here.  No DVD from the
> release?  What do we have people download to get the release?  What do
> we hand out at events?

I'd say we should be handing out live cds.  If DVD format is desired
for various reasons, the ideal way it's structured would be that it'd
be a live dvd, with the stuff that didn't fit from the corresponding
comps set installed (I'm thinking OpenOffice here). How any remaining
space should be filled is a matter for debate (do we do development
tools?  servers?  popular games?  a mix of all?).