FESco meeting summary for 20090507

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:29:11 UTC 2009

Peter Robinson wrote:
> Hi All,
>
>> == Deactivated maintainers ==
>>
>> FESCo approved orphaning packages owned by deactivated maintainers
>
> Looking through the orphaned package list there looks to be quite a
> list of dead packages there as well. What is the process for marking
> them dead in the pgkdb or do they just hang around as orphaned in case
> someone wants to revive them. The gstreamer08 ones are some that come
> to mind. I know I have ownership of a package as well that is dead
> (replaced by other packages) and has gone through the dead package
> process, is there a process for the pkgdb part of that?

There will be but there isn't yet.  I'm testing and working out bugs in
a large packagedb update now.  It has support for retiring packages.
We'll probably have to write some new supporting scripts to go along
with that (to push retired package information from packagedb into koji,
maybe to do the dead.package stuff from the packagedb rather than
manually by the maintainer, etc).

-Toshio