Update -> no sound

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:52:19 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:33:40AM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>On 05/13/2009 12:16 AM, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:

>> We have a website: https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/
>> We have wiki: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraCommunity
>> We have regular weekly meetings (telephone) that are open to all
>> interested parties (Mondays at 10 AM Eastern, 1400 UTC, Fedora Talk, ext
>> 2001)
>> We have an open code repository:
>> https://fedorahosted.org/fedoracommunity/browser
>>
>> In fact, I think the only thing we're missing is a Silo. ;)
>
>Good to know all this but there is definitely a big lack of
>communication on this development with the rest of the Fedora community.
>There was a very brief mail to fedora-announce list but how much input
>are you getting input from Fedora maintainers whose job this is supposed
>to make easier?

Yes, they are.  I've been asked several questions myself.  Spot maintains
an ungodly number of packages.  I think they're getting plenty of input.

Please, enough with the lack of communication.  Not every project needs a big
massive PR campaign or huge call for participation.  Particularly in the
extremely early design phases where most of the degenerates into bike shedding
and pony wanting.  I'd rather see a somewhat usable tool be announced than
have to read another 300 emails about what someone's idea of Fedora should be.

josh