emacs: verilog-mode versus dinotrace

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Fri May 15 11:44:01 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:00 PM, Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> The origin of this is the emacs development model really, and the lack
> of a well integrated add-on module mechanism (although Tom Tromey's
> work on this is great).
>
> Personally, I'd rather see us develop a packaging strategy whereby we
> don't rip out verilog-mode from the core emacs packages, but we can
> also have an add-on package which contains the latest and greatest
> verilog-mode which, if installed, is loaded in preference to the one
> from the core emacs packages. The first response when a bug is
> reported against verilog-mode would then be " do a yum remove
> emacs-verilog-mode and see if the bug is still there". I haven't
> looked too closely at what would be required as far as what is
> required in terms of load-path munging, but it should be possible I
> think.

Hello  Jonathan,

I like the idea having the verilog-mode loaded by priority :
-1)  emacs-verilog-mode
-2) if emacs-verilog-mode is not present then load verilog-mode coming
with emacs-el

Could you review the emacs-verilog-mode package ?

The latest verilog-mode comes with system-verilog support and I'm
trying to get as much system-verilog support for FEL in order to
introduce OVM and VMM on fedora.

Chitlesh

PS :We should not forget that verilog-mode and dinotrace have the same upstream.