LiveCD install and PAE kernel

Jonathan Underwood jonathan.underwood at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:57:52 UTC 2009

Hi,

I installed the i686 from the Preview Release LiveCD image
(specifically F11-Preview-i686-Live-KDE.iso). This image booted the
non PAE kernel, and when I installed to hard disk, it installs the non
PAE kernel. This is on an Atom N280 netbook. If I understand the
feature list correctly, actually the installer should have installed
the PAE kernel on this hardware. Or does that just refer to DVD
installs? i.e. does the LiveCD have any mechanism for chosing
PAE/non-PAE or is that just the DVD?

If not, then it might be worth detailing in the Release Notes how to
install the PAE kernel following a LiveCD install.

Cheers,
Jonathan.