Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 26 05:57:00 UTC 2009

On 05/25/2009 09:20 PM, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> The Packaging Committee will meet Tuesday, 2009-05-26 at 17:00UTC in
> the #fedora-meeting channel on chat.freenode.net.
>
> FPC works from the agenda at
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/GuidelinesTodo; there's just
> one item currently on the agenda:
>
> Phase out Buildroot -
>    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Phase_out_buildroot_tag_%28draft%29

Unfortunately, a question of how safe this was with older rpms was
raised and Panu hasn't gotten back to us yet.  There's not much sense
discussing this unless some rpm maintainer can take a look at the short
thread here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-May/msg00106.html

Panu also asked for a clarification of the %define vs %global guideline.
  I wrote something up here but need more input from him or another rpm
maintainer.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-packaging/2009-May/msg00103.html

Final note, I won't be present tomorrow but if anything comes up on the
open discussion and needs another vote for quorum, I can vote via email.

-Toshio