Re: Breaking deps deliberately

On 05/23/2009 11:03 AM, Braden McDaniel wrote:
> I didn't know about this until this subthread... and I asked a rather
> senior packaging person about it some months ago and didn't get this
> information.  So I think this is poorly publicized; and perhaps poorly
> positioned in the packaging guidelines.

Always possible. I'm the first to admit that the packaging guidelines
need a thorough reorganization.

The information is documented here:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/NamingGuidelines#Minor_release_bumps_for_old_branches

Suggestions on improvements are always welcomed (as long as they are
constructive).

~spot