Agenda for the 2009-05-26 Packaging Committee meeting

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed May 27 17:11:23 UTC 2009

Seth Vidal wrote:
> I think the number of disputing perspectives in this thread ALONE on how
> suggests would be handles proves that it is not obvious on its face how
> suggests should be handled.

Well, people are proposing 2 behaviors: 1. treat as hard dependencies by
default or 2. ignore by default. Why not have both? In fact that's what
Debian is doing: Recommends is 1., Suggests is 2., and of course the
default can be changed (you can choose to drag everything in or to ignore
even Recommends). So why don't we do the same in RPM and Yum?

        Kevin Kofler