I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at googlemail.com
Wed May 27 17:14:49 UTC 2009

Am Samstag, den 23.05.2009, 09:52 -0400 schrieb Josh Boyer:
> On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 10:35:58PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:
>
> >Also I've got a notion that FESCo recently approves more and more
> >proposals without asking the community for opinions first and even in
> >opposition to the community.
>
> I can't recall that being the case.  There certainly may have been some
> proposals that were opened during the week that were discussed on that Friday,
> but we aren't creating secret proposals and voting on them.  All of them come
> directly from contributors (usually via fedora-devel discussions) and are
> logged in the open fesco trac instance for the meetings.

When the flags proposal was announced to fedora-devel, so so a public
decision-making could take place *before* making a policy?
The proposal was not announced, it's ratification nether and the policy
was active for months without anybody getting informed. This is what I'd
call a secret.

> >> Deluge is clearly spelled out in the guideline as not needing flags for
> >> functionality.  Is that statement incorrect?
> >
> >Please note the difference between "a function" and "functionality". Of
> >course the missing flags do not impact the basic function of deluge
> >which is sharing files, but there is certain functionality missing.
> >People can no longer see the location of their peers on a quick glance
> >and have to read instead.
>

> I don't find that concerning.  Maybe it will help literacy.

Hopefully, but the original question is still unanswered then: How is a
deluge user supposed the realize the lack of single a function?

> josh

Christoph