Wodim trouble

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Nov 2 21:42:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 21:47:47 +0100,
  Denis Leroy <denis at poolshark.org> wrote:
> On 11/02/2009 07:18 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
> >That may be true, but since cdrecord is not shippable, it's a pretty
> >vacuous truth.
>
> Out of curiosity, was that just because of the GPL2-CDDL mix ? Or
> was there another reason ? Last I checked, only mkisofs is affected
> by that and the rest of cdrecord is pure CDDL. If we patched mkisofs
> away, would it be shippable ?

There is also the issue that Jörg wants devices to be referenced in a
particular way that most other developers don't want to do. So a fork
may be needed even if licensing is resolved.

It doesn't sound like fun work though. I get the impression that there are
a lot of device quirks and without sample hardware and a fair amount of
dedication it is going to be hard to do a good job.