orphaning (eol) gtk-qt-engine

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 3 18:03:49 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
>> By the way, colours on old kde3 apps doesn't work,
>> either, despite enabling for non-kde4 applications in
>> system settings (kftpgrabber) - I can see it already:
>> file a bug report :-)
>
> There's already an ages-old bug report, the upstream KDE developers don't
> care. :-(

...or maybe the upstream developers don't know how to fix it. Help welcomed.

(Actually, it's more accurate to say that I am not aware of anyone
maintaining the 'export colors' functionality. Jeremy Whiting and I are
- last I knew, anyway :-) - the nominal maintainers for color kcm stuff,
and I certainly fix anything I can, but I know next to nothing about how
the export colors stuff works. Ergo, I am not able to fix it.)

FTR, exporting colors to GTK seems flaky also, but I'm not sure it's a
KDE problem. I've noticed that after I force the export code to run
(basically, make any change and apply it - even toggle a checkbox twice,
you just need to be able to press 'apply'), the first app will be right,
but the next one gets default colors. At least for Mozilla apps (FF, TB)
and IIRC gitk. OTOH, Inkscape seems okay.

> I might try to fix this somehow.

If you are able to help, that would be /much/ appreciated. Please don't
hesitate to work upstream, I would very much like to see these issues
resolved.

--
Matthew
HIPPOS feel unacknowledged. HIPPOS get angry.
 > PRAISE HIPPOS
HIPPOS seem somewhat placated.