Bug triage: further change upcoming

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Nov 24 17:02:30 UTC 2009

Hi, guys. Just a quick note - Matej Cepl pointed out that the
already-agreed BugZappers plan to switch to using the Triaged keyword
only for Fedora 13 and later presents problems. Most significantly, it's
impossible to reliably construct a Bugzilla search which will find bugs
that have been triaged under *both* the F13+ and F12- methods.

So, we've come up with a plan. With the help of David Lawrence we
propose to add the Triaged keyword to all existing F10-F12 bugs that are
in ASSIGNED state, with the exception of anaconda bugs, PackageReview
bugs and FutureFeature bugs.

No other change will be made to the bugs (they won't, for instance, be
changed back to NEW). This will be done without generating any email
notifications, so there won't be an email flood.

We can't think of any problems this could cause; some bugs that haven't
actually gone through the triage process may get marked as 'Triaged',
but that won't have any negative effects. All we really use the flag for
is searching to find which bugs need triage and which don't.

If anyone can see why this may present a big problem, please let us
know; we're holding off on the change for a day or so just in case.
Thanks.

--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey