livecds in the future

Hedayat Vatankhah hedayat at grad.com
Mon Nov 30 21:59:02 UTC 2009

Hi,

On ۰۹/۱۱/۲۴  10:11, Orcan Ogetbil wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 3:51 PM, Ben Williams wrote:
>
>> (yes i know the size sux, but not
>> everyone has highspeed internet thats why they are downloading the livecd
>> and not the dvd)
>>

> Another interpretation would be: The contents of the DVD does not
> satisfy the needs of many people.
>
> I am in that ship for instance. There is so much useless stuff in the
> DVD that I will never use that makes it a waste of time for me to
> download.
>
> In that sense, I use the LiveCD for installation, because I *have*
> fast internet, so I can pull and install packages real fast.

Yes, in fact DVDs are most suitable for people with slow internet
connections. Such people will NOT download Fedora at all! So, neither
netinst.iso nor livecds are appropriate for people with slow internet
connections. They'll buy Fedora DVDs since it contains more software and
they don't need to download too much. Why should somebody with fast
Internet access download DVDs? They can download whatever they want when
needed.

Thanks,
Hedayat