Re: Proposal: Python 3 in Fedora 13

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 2:39 PM, David Malcolm <dmalcolm redhat com> wrote:

I'm not volunteering to put it into F12.  I think that anyone wanting to
push it into F12 needs to sign up for a lot of testing (brainstorming
some testcases: can you still compile and build external modules with
both 2 and 3 -devel subpackages installed?  does every configure script
pick up the correct version? etc)

Which brings up a useful point in that the critical path has two components; the closure of their Requires, and the closure of their BuildRequires.

However - this still seems like low risk to me because the builders only build with what's specified in BuildRequires, so you'd have to have quite a contortion to get python3-devel in there.