Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen

Michal Schmidt mschmidt at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 08:15:30 UTC 2009

Dne Fri, 2 Oct 2009 06:08:16 +0000 (UTC) Matej Cepl napsal(a):
> Jesse Keating, Thu, 01 Oct 2009 07:39:16 -0700:
> > We've stopped caring about anything outside of the critical path.
>
> Thanks for clarifying it. At least I know now that I should give up
> on maintaining Fedora packages because nobody cares about them.

You're misinterpreting Jesse's quote out of context.

I'm sure the intent was NOT "nobody cares about your packages".

I read it as: "We (rel-eng) will always approve your tag request for
a non-critical package because we trust you as a packager that the
package is a bugfix. We will be more careful with critical path
packages though, because of the inherent risk of breaking the release."

Michal