Re: Orphaning some packages [Was: Re: Buyer Beware: A Major Change in NFS is about to happen]

On Fri, Oct 02, 2009 at 17:37:18 +0000,
  Matěj Cepl <mcepl redhat com> wrote:
> Jesse Keating <jkeating <at> redhat.com> writes:
> > Releng and QA are very small groups.  The Fedora package set is
> > extremely large.  Over 8K packages.  The rate of change is far too grate
> > to provide second guessing over every package.
>
> That's why I am surprised you want to click through all those requests for fixes
> in non-essential packages. Why not leave them open (or allow updates only when
> bug number is attached)?

Bugs can include RFEs as well as actual brokeness. I don't think that really
buys you anything. And a bad maintainer could just file an RFE for an
upgrade and refer to that bug when they provide the upgrade.