yum-presto not on by default

Eric Springer erikina at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 20:42:06 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> Quick follow-up on this issue: I heard that this part at least has been
> done, and it certainly seems to have done the trick. Delta rebuild
> speeds have increased approx ten-fold here, and are now faster than my
> (pretty quick) download speeds.

Is it possible to do the rebuilds in parallel? I noticed that only one
of my four cores was used. And that on smolt 63% of people have a
dual-core or greater, so it could lead to massive speed-ups as well.

Although, personally I would be happy even if the rebuild was a tenth
the current speed -- as for me the priority is reducing the load on
the network link. Which brings me to the next point:

Would it be possible to have a diff on the filelist db? It seems like
a very large download for something that would change very little.