Re: yum-presto not on by default

Is it possible to do the rebuilds in parallel? I noticed that only one
of my four cores was used. And that on smolt 63% of people have a
dual-core or greater, so it could lead to massive speed-ups as well.

The speedup would be noticeably less than the number of cores.
xz uses a history+search table that is significantly larger than dcache.
There is competition for memory bandwidth, not just CPU+cache cycles.

Would it be possible to have a diff on the filelist db? It seems like
a very large download for something that would change very little.

Agreed, this would be a 99% savings.