Re: yum-presto not on by default

On 10/04/2009 04:45 PM, drago01 wrote:
On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Eric Springer<erikina gmail com>  wrote:
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 5:05 AM, Adam Williamson<awilliam redhat com>  wrote:

Quick follow-up on this issue: I heard that this part at least has been
done, and it certainly seems to have done the trick. Delta rebuild
speeds have increased approx ten-fold here, and are now faster than my
(pretty quick) download speeds.

Is it possible to do the rebuilds in parallel? I noticed that only one
of my four cores was used. And that on smolt 63% of people have a
dual-core or greater, so it could lead to massive speed-ups as well.

xz is not threaded yet, I did some benchmark on my core i7 systems:

Although that isn't a problem if multiple packages are reconstructed simultaneously.

Warren