dracut, or should booting a LiveCD touch the hard disk?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Oct 5 07:37:06 UTC 2009

Hi Ray,
I have to disagree. And why? Becuase of my experience. Few days ago one
colleague came to my cubicle and asked me - KDE wants something and I don't
know what they want. So I took a look and saw Plymouth with something that
looks like password dialog. He was really surprised that it's asking for
password. At first - really, I think it's dracut bug as I think it was password
for encrypted device he uses on demand (I can ask him). But you can imagine -
he's very experienced user and still he failed.
I'm not sure how difficult would be implementing font support (kernel's fonts?)
and a few lines of translation wouldn't be such a problem.

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275