Re: dracut, or should booting a LiveCD touch the hard disk?

Hi.

On Mon, 5 Oct 2009 08:18:37 -0400, Ray Strode wrote:

> > Just for my information, do I read this correctly that
> > dracut/plymouth is supposed to show a graphical password prompt to
> > unlock encrypted partitions at boot time?
> Yes, if you have modesetting enabled and get a graphical splash
> otherwise.

I do, both. I also have an encrypted partition (not /, entered in /etc/crypttab),
and I do have graphical boot. When the point is reached to unlock the partition
plymouth switches back to the text console so I can enter the passphase (there
is no prompt, but just entering the passphase works)

Where do I have to kick to get the graphical dialog?