yum-presto not on by default

James Antill james at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 5 19:35:26 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-10-05 at 20:32 +0200, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
>         Also the rawhide db itself. A guaranteed 8-12 megabyte
>         download usually swamps out any saving from presto (barring
>         changes to eclipse, kernel and openoffice).
>

> Why aren't we rsync'ing that 12MB db, instead of re-downloading ?
> Wasn't there some web friendly rsync fork

 zsync, see the recent thread for why it isn't in Fedora.

 And I doubt they'd be much savings, even if it worked (and you'd have
to be clever due to the names changing). Adding delta MD support would
be "easier", and by easier I mean significant amounts of code and
significant problems on the f-i side.

--
James Antill <james at fedoraproject.org>
Fedora