Re: Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

On 10/07/2009 04:04 PM, Conrad Meyer wrote:
Is it possible that id3lib is 'complete'? The id3 format isn't extremely
complicated, it may just be a completely finished library. (Keep in mind,
though, that I'm not familiar with the code.)

I suppose it's possible, but even 'finished' software should have bug fixes
and compatibility updates.

As far as being a security risk... it's not a network daemon, and there's no
reason it should have suid root or anything like that. I imagine the worst you
could do is throw a malformed media file at it.

LOL... makes sense.

Regards,

Lyos Gemini Norezel

begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard