Re: Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

On 10/07/2009 04:48 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

There are some open bugs, though:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?limit=10&func=&group_id=979&atid=100979&assignee=&status=1&category=&artgroup=&submitter=&keyword=&artifact_id=&submit=Filter

so it seems it's not quite complete.

taglib is probably the best actively-developed modern alternative.
There's also an Ubuntu bug report indicating the use of id3lib causes
some problems:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/tagtool/+bug/180110

That bug report also points out that id3lib is optional for easytag.

Nice. Good to know I'm not the only one pondering dropping id3lib from a modern distro,
also... these Ubuntu bugs/issues should be investigated on Fedora.

It's possible they've caught a bug we have not, though it could be Ubuntu specific (granted, not likely).

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard