Re: Retiring ksensors, possibly id3lib as well?

On 10/07/2009 05:00 PM, Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Wednesday 07 October 2009, Adam Williamson wrote:

taglib is probably the best actively-developed modern alternative.
I might not apply to all cases - kid3 for example uses both.  Based on a brief
look in the code and http://kid3.sourceforge.net/kid3_en.html#settings-menu,
id3lib is used for ID3 2.3.0 tags and taglib for 2.4.0 ones, e.g. when
converting from 2.4.0 to 2.3.0.  I don't know why though, I'm not sufficiently
familiar with either.  Nor am I sure why one would convert from 2.4.0 to
2.3.0, maybe for compatibility reasons with $something.  And yes, this is
quite a corner case.

That's odd. Surely a modern ID3 tag program should support all of the IDv3 formats/versions?

Lyos Gemini Norezel
begin:vcard
fn:Lyos Norezel
n:Norezel;Lyos
org:GBES, LLC
adr:;;;;Ohio;;United States
email;internet:Lyos GeminiNorezel gmail com
title:Computer Repair Technician
note;quoted-printable:"Those who hunt monsters beware, lest they become monsters themselves.Ify=
	ou stare long into the abyss, the abyss stares back into you." --Nietzsch=
	e=0D=0A=
	=0D=0A=
	Mundus Vult Decipi et Decipiatur -- Latin Proverb
version:2.1
end:vcard