Retiring gai, gai-temp, gai-pal

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 10:38:11 UTC 2009

The current thread on "ksensors, id3lib" has reminded me to give
gnome-applet-sensors another try right now. In F11. It works for me
while that hasn't been true before (troubles with acpi thrm or
no sensors).

As a result, I'd like to retire GAI (General Applet Interface Library)
and two of the applets that are in the Fedora Package Collection:

  gai-temp
  gai-pal
  gai

There has not been any new release since 2005. Several patches
have been mailed upstream, but later without any response. No other
GAI applets have ever been included in the Fedora Package Collection.

I plan to keep the packages only for F-11 and F-10, but not for F-12 and
newer.