Package updates not replaced by newer package in -testing

A few days ago, I built deltarpm-3.4-18.fc11 which resplit off a
subpackage that had accidentally been merged into the main package in
deltarpm-3.4-17.fc11.  I pushed -18 into -testing, and assumed (since it
was newer than -17) that -17 wouldn't get pushed to stable
automatically.

Now I've just received an email from koji saying that -17 has been
pushed to updates from updates-testing.  I've just pushed -18 into
updates, but is there any way to avoid a one or two day delay where -17
makes it into updates before -18 does?

Jonathan