Re: Package updates not replaced by newer package in -testing

On Thu, Oct 08, 2009 at 05:24:36PM +0300, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> A few days ago, I built deltarpm-3.4-18.fc11 which resplit off a
> subpackage that had accidentally been merged into the main package in
> deltarpm-3.4-17.fc11.  I pushed -18 into -testing, and assumed (since it
> was newer than -17) that -17 wouldn't get pushed to stable
> automatically.
>
> Now I've just received an email from koji saying that -17 has been
> pushed to updates from updates-testing.  I've just pushed -18 into
> updates, but is there any way to avoid a one or two day delay where -17
> makes it into updates before -18 does?

This is partially my fault -- my network connection hasn't been good for the
last day so instead of clearing with you which Fedora releases had the new
package, I just looked quickly at bodhi and didn't see any obsoletes so I
requested it be pushed to stable.  I now remember that obsoletes had to be
disabled in bodhi due to other bugs :-( so that didn't clue me in.

Sorry, mea culpa. rel-eng can unpush packages -- but it might be better if
they could just push the new set with the fixed deltarpm instead.

-Toshio