does fedora have anything requiring :mail rw access?

Neal Becker ndbecker2 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 9 15:15:45 UTC 2009

Michal Hlavinka wrote:

> On Friday 09 October 2009 15:31:45 Michal Hlavinka wrote:
>
>> The most important question is: Is there anything that requires these
>> files
>>  can be read and written by mail group?
>
> Well, I already know one, cyrus-imapd most probably requires mail rw. Is
> there anything else?

The default exim config says:

# This transport is used for local delivery to user mailboxes in traditional
# BSD mailbox format. By default it will be run under the uid and gid of the
# local user, and requires the sticky bit to be set on the /var/mail
directory.
# Some systems use the alternative approach of running mail deliveries under
# particular group instead of using the sticky bit. The commented options
below
# show how this can be done.