Howto handle multilib conflict?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sat Oct 10 15:32:40 UTC 2009

On Sat, Oct 10, 2009 at 05:21:37PM +0200, Christoph Wickert wrote:

> > Timestamp differences do NOT cause file conflicts.
>
> Indeed, obviously this has changed. Changes like this should be
> announced somewhere, I guess Kevin and me are not the only one packagers
> who still believe they have to care for timestamps.

I am not sure that timestamps created conflicts in the past. However
in rpm -V there were marked as being modified. Maybe this is what changed.
In any case I think that we should care for timestamps even if they are
not reasons for conflicts. Some packagers disagree, though, that
timestamps are useful and should be correct.

--
Pat