thunderbird upgrade - wtf?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Oct 11 17:07:41 UTC 2009

On 10/11/2009 10:24 PM, Michael Cronenworth wrote:

> Did I say that people should do exactly as I do? No. Please don't put
> words in my mouth.

It did clearly appear that you implied that. To simplify matters, the
basic question really is whether it is ok for updates to cause problems
for end users. I would argue that it is not

> Then were was your negative karma? I run TB on 3 different machines
> (different platforms/arches) and have not encountered any "disastrous"
> side effects so my positive karma does not accurately reflect all
> possible scenarios.

If maintainers choose to include a beta release, then it would have been
better to collect more feedback for a longer period of time for updates.
 My mails to this list is my "negative karma". Other users have
confirmed that there are problems as well. Let's address that issue now
instead of pretending that there is no problem.

Rahul