Howto handle multilib conflict?

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Tue Oct 13 12:15:27 UTC 2009

On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 07:10:06AM -0400, Neal Becker wrote:

> As far as I know, there's none.  So, it's ok to remove
> libotf-config.  But, why does libotf-config don't work with
> multilib?  How do the other XXX-config programs
> (e.g. freetype-config, fribidi-config, gtk-config, ...) work
> with multilib?

In many cases, conflict arise because there is a -L%{_libdir}
which is not needed anyway since it is already on the search
path. Otherwise it is possible for upstream to ship and old-style
*-config script and a wrapper around pkgconfig such that, as a
packager you can chose to install the wrapper around pkgconfig.
If I recall well, this is what is done in libdap.

--
Pat