Upload debug-like-info to Mozilla servers every update

Jan Horak jhorak at redhat.com
Wed Oct 14 13:04:45 UTC 2009

On 09/18/2009 05:22 PM, Colin Walters wrote:
> We could do that, but a more ideal world would be where our ABRT
> system can give them as useful and reliable data as their usage of
> breakpad on Windows and OS X does.  There are multiple components
> here, the biggest of which is that we need to avoid requiring a
> Bugzilla account for crash submissions, and we need to make it about
> one click.   Once we have the data reliably, Mozilla could pull
> crashes from our system into theirs, say a cron job which just does:
> wget http://crashes.fedoraproject.org/package/mozilla/20091018.tar.gz

Mozilla prefers using their own system in this case. It has some pros,
like user don't have to download debug packages (which is approx 80MB
for each package). Building the symbols for Mozilla is also quite easy.
They have everything prepared in their makefiles and their debug info is
just one zip file. All we need is to put this zip file somewhere that
mozilla could pull it (or we push it after package is released). This
zip file should be left aside from regular rpm package (read unpublished).
--
Jan Horak