Re: Upload debug-like-info to Mozilla servers every update

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Jan Horak <jhorak redhat com> wrote:

> Mozilla prefers using their own system in this case. It has some pros, like
> user don't have to download debug packages (which is approx 80MB for each
> package). Building the symbols for Mozilla is also quite easy. They have
> everything prepared in their makefiles and their debug info is just one zip
> file. All we need is to put this zip file somewhere that mozilla could pull
> it (or we push it after package is released). This zip file should be left
> aside from regular rpm package (read unpublished).

In that case I'd just make the mozilla spec file to put the .zip in
the -debuginfo package.  Then their crash handling code just needs to
get the built RPM NVRA (it should probably be compiled in, but forking
a "rpm -q" could work I guess), and their server side can fairly
easily script a "wget
http://download.fedoraproject.org/.../mozilla-debuginfo-12345.rpm";.